Photo by Nick Coutts – lawyer, brewer, all round nice guy
In less than three short, crazy months we have been at:
PLUS weekly #moorishlunch trade in Victoria Square, Light Square and Hindmarsh Square
AND private functions that saw us chug up the freeways to Hahndorf and McLaren Vale (apologies motorists!)
We’d like to say a big THANK YOU to all of our #moorishbites foodie followers who have supported us, given us the nicest of compliments, shared/liked/retweeted us and to those special few who have tracked us down and made a beeline for the van no matter rain, hail or shine!
Special mention must go to:
- Moorish Mamma Jan McFarlane who thought she’d retired, but alas thought wrong and has pulled many a shift in the van
- Papa Peter McFarlane for his wisdom and supervision of all the technical/regulatory stuff
- Ali & Samra, Jacqui Forte & Robb Muirhead and Leon Budden for being the best of friends, helpers, instructors and supporters
- Bowen Ellames for an amazing van design (and who is now being fabulous whilst designing spaceships in Qatar)
- Nick Coutts for being our ‘on call’ photographer no matter the hour of the night
- Splash Adelaide for their commitment to making Adelaide = #RADelaide and running an amazing mobile food vending program
- AND our #adelaide #foodtruck comrades for their advice, food swaps and loaning us of the occasional spare change/cooking oil/petrol/cutlery/rubbish bin/car jack
Chef Mohamed Bensaid. Cooking up Moroccan spice and all things nice!
Happy Holidays to all and if you have not already, make sure you check back, like us, follow us and/or download the Street Eats app for trading times in 2015!
Moorish Mo’ and Meg x
We’re pumped to be out and about A LOT this week commencing Tuesday 18 November!
Tuesday 18 November from 11am to 2pm @ Hindmarsh Square* for #moorishlunch
Thursday 20 November from 11am to 2pm @ Victoria Square* for #moorishlunch – Music in the Square will also be happening thanks to Spash Adelaide – see here for more information.
Friday 21 November from 11am to 2pm @ Light Square* for #moorishlunch
Saturday 22 November from 4pm to 11pm @ Victoria Square – Our grill won’t be the only thing flaming! Square Fire is a free show put on by professional fire spinners from around Australia. Food, activities and atmosphere from 4pm, the show starts at 8pm. Also a Spash Adelaide initiative – see here for more information.
Sunday 23 November from 3pm to 7pm @ Unley Swimming Centre – The Fabulous Feast Festival is putting on the Plunge Pool Party for an an afternoon of aquatic delights and party tunes and we’re there to make it #moorish ! See here for more information.
*Lunchtime trade is subject to us bagging a spot but stay tuned here or on Facebook or Twitter for any last minute change of location as a result!
Hope to serve you soon!
We had a great time at the Semaphore Music Festival and had some amazing feedback about our food!
What’s next? Movies in the Square brought to you by Splash Adelaide.
Catch us in Victoria Square this Friday 10 October and Saturday 11 October evenings serving up our rockin’ Moroccan souk street food.
Friday will see us a part of our first Fork on the Road, with the movie The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Saturday night’s movie will be Frozen.
Movies are FREE and start at sundown, but we will be serving from 5-10pm on both Friday and Saturday.
We can’t wait to serve you!
Get ready for a summer of rockin’ Moroccan!
Moorish Bites is very happy to announce we’ve obtained a mobile food vending permit from Splash Adelaide.